Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

The cast of the Sound of Music was on Oprah today.  I love The Sound of Music. Really. A lot.  I had the good fortune to study in Europe during my sophomore year in college and in my travels, I made sure to go to Salzburg to take the 4 hour Sound of Music tour.  Yep, 4 hours. I could have gone four more, but Wolfgang, our tour guide, said we were done.  At any rate, since I've had My Favorite Things in my head for most of today, I thought I'd list a few of my most recent favorite things.....

Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys by Stephan James and David Thomas
        I generally don't like parenting books because I usually feel guilty about all the stuff I haven't done after I finish reading them, but this one is great and guilt free.

Bad Mother by Ayelet Waldman
       WARNING. The author of this book is as Blue as I am Red. Despite our glaring political and, in some cases, moral differences, I found this collection of essays about motherhood really funny and insightful. Pay close attention to the one entitled "Rocketship." It's one of the most profoundly honest accounts of an abortion I've read from either side of the issue.

www.frugalfunfortune.com
        Super helpful site for saving money on groceries, especially if you shop at Publix.

Netflix
        This has revolutionized our TV viewing. We don't have cable, so getting a ton of cable shows and movies that we can all watch whenever we like for $8.99 a month is pretty much fabulous.

Tie T-Shirts For My Boys
         I got ours on ETSY.com, but I'm sure you could make them if you were crafty enough.

Body Shapers
        Wish I didn't need them, but thankfully they make them!


When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad!!



No comments:

Post a Comment