Monday, December 23, 2013

Cake Balls for a Cause: the Final Tally

When I threw out the Cake Balls for a Cause idea a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea what the response would be. Truthfully I hoped that a couple of people besides the grandmas would order some cake balls, but beyond that....

Well, it turns out a lot of people love Christmas and cake balls and especially love helping those who need to see what love looks like this Christmas. 

A. LOT. OF. PEOPLE.

So many people, in fact, that I had to cut off the orders or we would have been making cake balls until Valentine's Day! What a fantastic problem to have!!

How does all that love translate into numbers? Here you go!


814 Cake Balls Made & Delivered = $475 Worth of Items Purchased From

What was purchased? Well.....

11 Bibles
7 Sets of Clothing
5 Nights at the New Life Center
4 Pairs of Glasses
3 Christmas Dinners
3 Egg Laying Hens
1 Beehive 

All of this proves what I already knew....my family is surrounded by an incredible community of people who love Jesus and want to share that love with as many people as possible (and who, apparently, really like cake balls). 

Thank you to everyone who participated and for helping my boys understand the power of community and how that power can be harnessed to bring light and love to a dark world. We are so very grateful.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment